Monday, March 21, 2016

Was #keyblessed


After a full week back at school it has finally occurred to me that SB2K16 is officially over. Like many, I was in denial that I had to go back to my normal routine of attending class, doing schoolwork, and not having fun every day. I was in Key West for a good five days, and while I was so happy to return to my own bed and shower, I was unprepared to return to school and reality.  



While I love how schools have different spring breaks, I hate it. I envy all of my high school friends and how they are on spring break this week. The constant snap chat stories, Facebook album uploads, and Instagram posts are a reminder that my spring break is history and theirs isn’t. Sure, while I was on spring break I’m sure others couldn't wait for the following week and were envy of us at the time, but I can’t help but wish I was back at the beach, in 70-80 degree weather, and not having any worries.

 

I am sure every social media user has seen at least one spring break post whether it be of the beach, a drink in a hand, or a group picture. It is probably one of the biggest months for social media sites like Facebook and Instagram due to the constant amount of attention and posts from users. Being one that doesn't post Instagram pictures frequently or put up photos on Facebook, I was “instagramming” throughout the week. It was hard for me to keep up with some days on these sites and I usually look at my phone every second of the day.



While SB2K16 was the best one yet (and thankfully I have one more) and am happy to be back in my bed, I still wish I were back in Key West joining in on the social media frenzy and being #keyblessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment